Best Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche
The leveling kit ensures that the front end of the Chevrolet Avalanche is leveled so that it has been combined with the rear suspension, creating a truck of sorts. The Chevrolet Avalanche comes from the factory with a small rake that heads down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension compensates for this rake, making the front end of the Chevrolet Avalanche look even.
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Avalanche 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2002 – 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche
- CONTENTS: (2x) Cold-Forged Steel MAX-Torsion Key, (2x) High Crystalline Delrin Spring Spacers, (4x) Pro Performance Series Shocks, (1x) Heavy Duty Torsion Bar Unloading Tool, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: Adjustable 1 to 3 inch Front and 3 inch Rear Suspension Lift. *An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle.
- INSTALLATION: After an easy 2-4 hour installation process, you’re ready to feature your new and improved ride! *For a safe & easy installation we included our U-Shaped Torsion Max Tool that covers both sides of the cross member firmly to distribute the load evenly.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires. TWICE as strong as factory keys and indexed to lift your truck according to your preference, anywhere from 1 to 3 inches. The included shocks will help maintain proper vehicle handling dynamics with the higher than factory center of gravity, while still maintaining factory-like ride quality.
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Avalanche 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- FITS: 2007 – 2013 Chevy Avalanche . Will only fit 6-lug models. Does NOT Fit vehicles equipped with MagneRide / Auto-Ride / Air-Ride / Self-Leveling Suspension Systems.
- CONTENTS: (2x) T6 Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, (2x) High-Density Delrin Rear Spring Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3″ front and 1.5″ rear suspension lift. Please note that front spacer thickness to lift height is not a 1:1 ratio. Strut spacer installation alters the angle of the lower control arm, and this accounts for an additional lift beyond the actual thickness of the spacers.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 2 to 4 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Chevrolet Avalanche can be as little as one inch and if your Chevrolet Avalanche is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche are easy to install and they can align your Chevrolet Avalanche on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Chevrolet Avalanche with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Chevrolet Avalanche.
- An equalizer for the Chevrolet Avalanche can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Chevrolet Avalanche will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Chevrolet Avalanche – raising the front of the Chevrolet Avalanche and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Chevrolet Avalanche?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Chevrolet Avalanche to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Chevrolet Avalanche.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Chevrolet Avalanche. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Chevrolet Avalanche are needed to reach all Chevrolet Avalanche suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Chevrolet Avalanche from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Chevrolet Avalanche at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Chevrolet Avalanche for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Chevrolet Avalanche as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Chevrolet Avalanche.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Chevrolet Avalanche.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Chevrolet Avalanche where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Chevrolet Avalanche are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Chevrolet Avalanche while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Chevrolet Avalanche.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Avalanche?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Chevrolet Avalanche, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Chevrolet Avalanche myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Avalanche include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Chevrolet Avalanche look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Chevrolet Avalanche and offer other great benefits.