Best Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
Suspension Lift Kit for the Chevrolet Colorado vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Chevrolet Colorado by replacing the front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Chevrolet Colorado increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows for much more ground clearance. Articulation in general is improved with a good suspension kit for the Chevrolet Colorado. Even if you don’t need to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of your Chevrolet Colorado will be much more appealing.
Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2004 – 2012 Chevrolet Colorado. *Will only fit 2WD Z71 model with Torsion Bar Suspension System.
- CONTENTS: 2x High-Strength Steel Front Lift MAX-Torsion Keys, 2x High Strength Steel Lift Shackles, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1 – 3 inch front suspension lift. An alignment is always recommended after altering the height of your vehicle.
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation takes 3 – 3 hours. A torsion bar puller (can be rented at most chain auto stores), or 5-ton gear puller is required for install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires. TWICE as strong as factory keys and indexed for lift. Adjustable lift height lifts according to your preference.
Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- The perfect mild lift solution for Gen 2 Colorado provides a great-looking aggressive stance with a slight rake.
- Allows for up to a 32. 5×11. 50″ tire on up to +18 offset wheels. (285/70-17)
- Unmatched curb-appeal and rugged mid-size truck capability delivered in an affordable yet innovative Smart Suspension Technology “no-cut” lift kit.
- Maintains the factory ride, handling, and suspension geometry.
- Made in the USA
Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Chevrolet Colorado can be as little as one inch and if your Chevrolet Colorado is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado are easy to install and they can align your Chevrolet Colorado on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Chevrolet Colorado with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Chevrolet Colorado.
- An equalizer for the Chevrolet Colorado can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Chevrolet Colorado will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All V kits can have the same effect on your Chevrolet Colorado – raising the front of the Chevrolet Colorado and leveling its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Chevrolet Colorado?
Before commencing installation of the Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Chevrolet Colorado to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Chevrolet Colorado.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Chevrolet Colorado. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Chevrolet Colorado are needed to reach all Chevrolet Colorado suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Chevrolet Colorado from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Chevrolet Colorado at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Chevrolet Colorado for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Chevrolet Colorado as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Chevrolet Colorado.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Chevrolet Colorado.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Chevrolet Colorado where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Chevrolet Colorado are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Chevrolet Colorado while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Chevrolet Colorado.
Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Chevrolet Colorado?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Chevrolet Colorado, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Chevrolet Colorado myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Chevrolet Colorado include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Chevrolet Colorado look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Chevrolet Colorado and offer other great benefits.