Best Leveling Kits for Chevrolet 1500
The leveling kit allows you to level the front of the RAM 3500 so that it is aligned with the rear suspension, resulting in a peculiar-looking truck. The RAM 3500 comes from the factory with a small rake tilted down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension helps compensate for this rake, making the front end of the RAM 3500 look more level.
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 1500 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Designed to improve ground clearance
- Enhance the performance of the vehicle
- Allow use of large tires
- Made from high density polyurethane
- Facilitate easy installation
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Fits:Chevrolet: 2007-2018 Silverado 1500.
- Material: We use a proprietary material blend that produces a nearly indestructible spacer. Designed to handle the elements and offer corrosion resistance.
- Function: Maintains factory ride quality.Increased ground clearance.Levels the front with the rear of the vehicle.
- Benefits: Simple bolt installation.No need to disassemble your struts. You can get that killer look in no-time flat. Works with all OEM control arms.
- Installation details: Installation Time: 3-5 hours; Backspacing: Factory; Recommended Tire Size: 285/75 R17; Weight: 1.75-lbs; Superseded: 1307A, 1308.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Chevrolet Silverado can be as little as one inch and if your Chevrolet Silverado is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado are easy to install and they can align your Chevrolet Silverado on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Chevrolet Silverado with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Chevrolet Silverado.
- An equalizer for the Chevrolet Silverado can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Chevrolet Silverado will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Chevrolet Silverado – raising the front of the Chevrolet Silverado and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Chevrolet Silverado?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Silverado, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Chevrolet Silverado to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Chevrolet Silverado.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Chevrolet Silverado. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Silverado
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Chevrolet Silverado are needed to reach all Chevrolet Silverado suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Silverado and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Chevrolet Silverado from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Chevrolet Silverado
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Chevrolet Silverado at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Chevrolet Silverado for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Chevrolet Silverado as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Chevrolet Silverado.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Chevrolet Silverado.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Chevrolet Silverado where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Chevrolet Silverado are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Chevrolet Silverado while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Chevrolet Silverado.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Silverado?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Chevrolet Silverado, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Chevrolet Silverado myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Silverado include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Silverado used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Chevrolet Silverado look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Chevrolet Silverado and offer other great benefits.