Best Lift Kits for DODGE Dakota
Suspension Lift Kit for the DODGE Dakota vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases ground clearance for the DODGE Dakota by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The DODGE Dakota Suspension Lift Kit increases the height between the frame and the ground. This will increase ground clearance. Overall articulation is improved with a good suspension kit for the DODGE Dakota. Plus, you don’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of your DODGE Dakota will be much more attractive.
Suspension Lift Kit for DODGE Dakota
- Upper Control Arms Come Pre-Assembled with Ball Joints & Bushings / Replacement improves handling
- Advanced corrosion protection against the harshest conditions / Precision-made performance and additional strength
- Designed with PREMIUM quality materials for exceptional performance, reliability, and peace of mind
- Dust boot is re-installed and permanently attached to reduce contamination and increase durability and service life
- Premium alloy steel stud for strength and durability / Undergo impact, wear, and fatigue testing to help ensure quality and durability
Suspension Lift Kit for DODGE Dakota 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- FITMENT: 1987 – 2004 Dodge Dakota. Fits 4WD Model Only.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Front Lift Torsion Keys, (2x) Rear Lift Blocks, (4x) Square Bend U-Bolts, (1x) Torsion Bar Unloading Tool, (2x) Axle Alignment Shims, (4x) Pro Comp ES Series Shocks, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: Adjustable 1 to 3-inch front and 3-inch rear suspension lift.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 3 to 6 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires. Our front MAX-Torsion Keys will provide an adjustable lift height according to your preference and offer increased strength compared to factory keys.
Suspension Lift Kit for DODGE Dakota 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2005 – 2011 Dodge Dakota (2WD). Does NOT Fit TRX Models.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Front Lift Strut Spacers, (2x) Rear Lift Blocks, (4x) Round Bend U-Bolts, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2.5 inch front and 1.5 inch rear suspension lift. Please note that front spacer thickness to lift height is not a 1:1 ratio. Strut spacer installation alters the angle of the lower control arm, and this accounts for an additional lift beyond the actual thickness of the spacers.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 3 to 6 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is required in order to correct CV angles and avoid front Axle Binding.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Dodge Dakota can be as little as one inch and if your Dodge Dakota is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota are easy to install and they can align your Dodge Dakota on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Dodge Dakota with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Dodge Dakota.
- An equalizer for the Dodge Dakota can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Dodge Dakota will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All V kits can have the same effect on your Dodge Dakota – raising the front of the Dodge Dakota and leveling its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Dodge Dakota?
Before commencing installation of the Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Dodge Dakota to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Dodge Dakota.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Dodge Dakota. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Dodge Dakota are needed to reach all Dodge Dakota suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Dodge Dakota from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Dodge Dakota at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Dodge Dakota for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Dodge Dakota as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Dodge Dakota.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Dodge Dakota.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Dodge Dakota where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Dodge Dakota are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Dodge Dakota while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Dodge Dakota.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Dodge Dakota?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Dodge Dakota, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Dodge Dakota myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Dodge Dakota include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Dakota used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Dodge Dakota look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Dodge Dakota and offer other great benefits.