Best Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon
The leveling kit is designed to level the front of your GMC Canyon so that it becomes level with the rear suspension of the vehicle, ultimately giving your truck a unique look. The GMC Canyon comes from the factory with a small rake tilted down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. An even suspension kit will eventually help compensate for this rake, making the front end of the GMC Canyon flatter.
Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon
- The new 66-3071 Leveling Kit for the GMC Canyon provides 1.25 inches of front leveling lift.
- No Cutting Required – Direct Bolt-On Installation
- Includes new installation hardware
- Covered under the Ready Guard Powertrain
Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- COMPATIBLE WITH GMC Canyon (2WD* / 4WD). *Will fit 2WD Canyon Z71 models with Torsion Bar Suspension System.
- CONTENTS: 2x High-Strength Steel Front Lift MAX-Torsion Keys, 2x High Strength Steel Lift Shackles, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1 – 3 inch front suspension lift. An alignment is always recommended after altering the height of your vehicle.
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation takes 3 – 3 hours. A torsion bar puller (can be rented at most chain auto stores), or 5-ton gear puller is required for install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires. TWICE as strong as factory keys and indexed for lift. Adjustable lift height lifts according to your preference.
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2004 – 2012 GMC Canyon (2WD 4WD)
- CONTENTS: (2x) High-Strength Steel Add-A-Leafs, (4x) Vibration Isolator Pads, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1.5-2 inch rear suspension lift, depending on the condition of your leaf packs. | Leaf Specifications: 2.5″ Wide, 21.25″ Top Length, 21.5″ Curved Length
- INSTALLATION: After an easy 1-2 hour installation process*, you’re ready to feature your new and improved ride! *A Leaf Spring Unloading/Compressing Tool is required to ensure a safe disassembly of your leaf pack. *An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle. | **Also, longer U-Bolts may be required in order to restore the necessary clamping force on your spring assembly.
- BENEFITS: Supreme Suspensions Add-A-Leafs are constructed from heat-treated, tempered steel and can be added to your existing leaf spring packs to increase the load and towing capacity, minimize squat and allow for larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2004 – 2020 GMC Canyon (2WD 4WD).
- CONTENTS: 2x Rear Carbon Steel Shackles, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Pro Pack.
- INSTALLATION: Easy ‘bolt-on’ installation takes 1 – 2 hours. No special tools are required.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: Designed to lift your ride 2 inches. Maintains factory ride quality.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger custom rims and tires. Factory shocks can be reused.
Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Give your Canyon the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country.
- Increase Ground Clearance for On and Off-Road Obstacles.
- Maintains Smooth OEM Like Ride | Levels the Front with the Rear of your Truck.
- Easy at Home Bolt-On Installation Supported by RC.
- Backed by Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Warranty
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2015 – 2020 GMC Canyon (2WD 4WD). *Does NOT Fit ZR2 Models.
- CONTENTS: (2x) High-Strength Steel Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2.5 Inch Front Lift | Thickness – 1.65 Inches. NOTE: Spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. We recommend that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon
The difference in height between the rear and front of your GMC Canyon can be as little as one inch and if your GMC Canyon is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon is easy to install and they can align your GMC Canyon on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your GMC Canyon with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower GMC Canyon.
- An equalizer for the GMC Canyon can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your GMC Canyon will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your GMC Canyon – raising the front of the GMC Canyon and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a GMC Canyon?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for GMC Canyon, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your GMC Canyon to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Nissan Armada.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the GMC Canyon. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for GMC Canyon
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your GMC Canyon are needed to reach all GMC Canyon suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for GMC Canyon and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the GMC Canyon from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for GMC Canyon
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the GMC Canyon at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the GMC Canyon for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the GMC Canyon as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the GMC Canyon.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your GMC Canyon.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them into your GMC Canyon where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your GMC Canyon are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your GMC Canyon while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the GMC Canyon.
Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the GMC Canyon?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your GMC Canyon, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my GMC Canyon myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the GMC Canyon include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for GMC Canyon used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your GMC Canyon look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your GMC Canyon and offer other great benefits.