Best Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500
The leveling kit is designed to level the front of your GMC Sierra so that it is flush with the rear suspension of the vehicle, ultimately giving your truck a unique look. The GMC Sierra comes from the factory with a small rake that points down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The alignment kit is designed to be added to the OEM suspension, which as a result will help compensate for this rake by aligning the front of your GMC Sierra vehicle.
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500
- Trustworthy replacement – this control arm and ball joint assembly directly replaces the original assembly on specific vehicle applications
- Complete repair – each assembly includes pre-installed ball joint and bushings, saving time and labor
- Quality engineering – underwent industry-leading testing to ensure a smooth, stable, and safe ride
- Durably designed – additional coatings offer long-lasting rust and corrosion resistance
- Ensure fit – to make sure this part fits your exact vehicle, input your make, model, and trim level into the Amazon Garage
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- A perfect combination of style form and function
- Made of premium 6061 T6 Aircraft Billet Aluminum with a revolutionary new design
- Allows for up To 33 inches tall tires
- Guaranteed to keep factory ride. Guaranteed to never wear break or fail
- Maintains the factory ride while enhancing ground clearance
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Leveling kit fitment – This lift spacer is compatible for GMC Sierra 1500 2.7L 2019, for GMC Sierra 1500 4.3L 2007-2019, for GMC Sierra 1500 4.8L 2007-2013
- Lift Spacer function – The installation of the level lift kit will increase the ground clearance of the body and provide additional fender clearance for larger tires and wheels, making driving more smooth and comfortable.
- Strut Spacer install – The lift kit is easy to install and takes about 1-2 hours. An alignment is recommended after install.
- Lift Kit material – The lift spacer is made of aluminum and the bolts are grade 10.9 heat-treated and hardened. The anodized surface provides additional resistance to corrosion. Extraordinarily strong and light compared to steel spacers.
- Leveling lift kit notes – Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio owing to the suspension geometry.
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- FITMENT: 2007 – 2021 Sierra 1500 (2WD 4WD). Fits 6-Lug Model Only. Does NOT fit 2007 Classic Models or models equipped with factory Air-Ride or Adaptive Ride Control.
- KIT CONTENTS: 2x Aircraft Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: Installation Time: 1-2 hours; Bolt-On Kit Installs with basic hand tools.
- BENEFITS: Road Fury gives your truck a more imposing stance and the extra clearance needed to fit larger tires and custom wheels. Road Fury bolt-on product works with stock suspension and is easy to install.
- LIFT: Front suspension lift does not occur in a 1:1 ratio with spacer thickness.
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500
The difference in height between the rear and front of your GMC Sierra 1500 can be as little as one inch and if your GMC Sierra 1500 is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 is easy to install and they can align your GMC Sierra 1500 on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your GMC Sierra 1500 with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower GMC Sierra 1500.
- An equalizer for the GMC Sierra 1500 can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your GMC Sierra 1500 will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your GMC Sierra 1500 – raising the front of the GMC Sierra 1500 and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a GMC Sierra 1500?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for GMC Sierra 1500, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your GMC Sierra 1500 to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Nissan Armada.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the GMC Sierra 1500. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for GMC Sierra 1500
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your GMC Sierra 1500 are needed to reach all GMC Sierra 1500 suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the GMC Sierra 1500 from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for GMC Sierra 1500
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the GMC Sierra 1500 at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the GMC Sierra 1500 for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the GMC Sierra 1500 as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the GMC Sierra 1500.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your GMC Sierra 1500.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them into your GMC Sierra 1500 where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your GMC Sierra 1500 are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your GMC Sierra 1500 while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the GMC Sierra 1500.
Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the GMC Sierra 1500?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your GMC Sierra 1500, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my GMC Sierra 1500 myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the GMC Sierra 1500 include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for GMC Sierra 1500 used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your GMC Sierra 1500 look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your GMC Sierra 1500 and offer other great benefits.