Best Lift Kits for Hummer H2
Suspension Lift Kit for your Hummer H2. The Suspension Lift Kit helps you increase the ground clearance of your Hummer H2 by installing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers in place. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Hummer H2 provides increased height between the frame and the ground. This contributes to a noticeable increase in ground clearance. Articulation is basically improved by using a good suspension kit for the Hummer H2. You won’t need to crawl on four wheels or rocks, and the appearance of the Hummer H2 will be more appealing.
Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2003 – 2010 Hummer H2 (4WD). *Does NOT Fit Models with Rear Airbag Suspension System.
- CONTENTS: 2x High-Strength Steel Max-Torsion Keys, 2x High-Strength Steel Front Shock Extenders, 2x High-Density Delrin Rear Spring Spacers, 1x Torsion Key Removal Tool, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1 – 3 inch front and 3″ rear suspension lift. An alignment is always recommended after altering the height of your vehicle.
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation takes 2 – 4 hours. We have included in this kit are specifically designed Torsion Max Tool to make the installation of your torsion keys safe and easy. Unlike a regular C clamp tool, our torsion max tool with its U-Shaped design covers both sides of the cross member firmly to distribute the load evenly.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires. TWICE as strong as factory keys and indexed for lift. Adjustable lift height lifts according to your preference.
Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Hummer H2 can be as little as one inch and if your Hummer H2 is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 are easy to install and they can align your Hummer H2 on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Hummer H2 with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Hummer H2.
- An equalizer for Hummer H2 can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Hummer H2 will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Hummer H2 – raising the front of the Hummer H2 and leveling its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Hummer H2?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Hummer H2, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Hummer H2 to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Hummer H2.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Hummer H2. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Hummer H2
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Hummer H2 are needed to reach all Hummer H2 suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Hummer H2 and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Hummer H2 from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Hummer H2
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Hummer H2 at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Hummer H2 for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Hummer H2 as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Hummer H2.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Hummer H2.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Hummer H2 where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Hummer H2 are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Hummer H2 while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Hummer H2.
Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Hummer H2?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Hummer H2, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Hummer H2 myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Hummer H2 include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Hummer H2 used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Hummer H2 look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Hummer H2 and offer other great benefits.