Best Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7
Suspension Lift Kit for your Jeep CJ7 vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Jeep CJ7 by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Jeep CJ7 increases the height between the frame and the ground. This provides increased ground clearance. Articulation has been improved overall with a good suspension kit for the Jeep CJ7. Now you don’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the appearance of the Jeep CJ7 will be much more improved.
Suspension Lift Kits For Jeep CJ7 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986
- Suspension Lift Kit: Our lift kits are designed to give you the most complete lifting solution for your Jeep model and year; Springs are made of ductile iron, memory metal, and are shot-peened for additional strength
- Jeep Suspension Lift Kits: All shocks are nitro charged with a self-adjusting valve for a smoother ride on and off the road; Each lift kit includes an off-road organizer for Jeep glove boxes, shocks, and complete installation hardware
- Off-road Accessories: Get serious about the drive with a variety of off-road Jeep accessories from entry guards and floor liners to entry guards, snorkel kits, and antennas for a customized vehicle with top-grade gear
- Rugged Ridge Jeep Parts: Count on Rugged Ridge to provide you with proven Jeep parts and accessories like bumpers, lift kits, wheels, interior accessories, floor liners, and more for varying Jeep models
- Five Year Warranty: Our Rugged Ridge products are covered by an industry-leading 5-year warranty and Rugged Ridge Floor Liners have Limited Lifetime Warranties providing customers with repair or replacements subject to certain common exclusions
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Jeep CJ7 can be as little as one inch and if your Jeep CJ7 is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 are easy to install and they can align your Jeep CJ7 on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Jeep CJ7 with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Jeep CJ7
- An equalizer for the Jeep CJ7 can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Jeep CJ7 will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Jeep CJ7 – raising the front of the Jeep CJ7 and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Jeep CJ7?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Jeep CJ7 to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Jeep CJ7.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Jeep CJ7. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Jeep CJ7 are needed to reach all Jeep CJ7 suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Jeep CJ7 from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Jeep CJ7 at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Jeep CJ7 for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Jeep CJ7 as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Jeep CJ7.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Jeep CJ7.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Jeep CJ7 where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Jeep CJ7 are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Jeep CJ7 while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Jeep CJ7.
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep CJ7?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Jeep CJ7, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Jeep CJ7 myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep CJ7 include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep CJ7 used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Jeep CJ7 look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Jeep CJ7 and offer other great benefits.