Best Lift Kits for Jeep Compass
Suspension Lift Kit for your Jeep Compass vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Jeep Compass by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. This Jeep Compass Suspension Lift Kit increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows for more ground clearance. Articulation is improved with a good Jeep Compass suspension kit. Even though you don’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the appearance of your Jeep Compass will be more visually appealing.
Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Compass 2017, 2018
- Made in the USA!
- This kit also maintains correct wheel offset
- Fits New body style Jeep Compass 2017-2018
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Jeep Compass can be as little as one inch and if your Jeep Compass is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass are easy to install and they can align your Jeep Compass on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Jeep Compass with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Jeep Compass.
- An equalizer for the Jeep Compass can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Jeep Compass will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Jeep Compass – raising the front of the Jeep Compass and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Jeep Compass?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Jeep Compass, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Jeep Compass to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Jeep Compass.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Jeep Compass. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Jeep Compass
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Jeep Compass are needed to reach all Jeep Compass suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Jeep Compass and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Jeep Compass from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Jeep Compass
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Jeep Compass at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Jeep Compass for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Jeep Compass as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Jeep Compass.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Jeep Compass.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Jeep Compass where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Jeep Compass are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Jeep Compass while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Jeep Compass.
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Compass?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Jeep Compass, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Jeep Compass myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Compass include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Compass used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Jeep Compass look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Jeep Compass and offer other great benefits.