Best Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ
The body lift kit raises the Jeep Wrangler TJ body by several inches while keeping the suspension and wheels at the same height. This is accomplished by mounting the struts on the Jeep Wrangler TJ body over the mounting brackets. This type of elevator does not affect the ride or handling in any way. This elevator is less expensive due to the less cumbersome installation and the fact that you don’t have to buy new shocks or adjust the wheels. The Jeep Wrangler TJ elevator with this elevator is able to retain the factory suspension adjustment and wheel alignment.
Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
- Include lift, sleeves, bolts, hardware, and radiator core supports
- Facilitate the installation of taller tires
- Ensures long-lasting durability
- Easy installation
Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Raises the body of your truck by 3 inches
- Facilitate the use of a larger wheel and tire package
- Direct Fit
- Limited 5 Year Warranty
- Give your Wrangler the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country Suspension Systems.
- Increased ground clearance, Provides 1.25″ of lift as opposed to the standard 1″.
- Body lift pucks are made from fiberglass-reinforced nylon for superior strength and durability.
- Motor Mount Lift is recommended. Rough Country Part 1156
- Backed by Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Provides 2-inches of lift without modifying existing suspension components
- Allows use of 33-inch diameter tires and factory rims for improved ground clearance
- DOES NOT alter the OEM suspension geometry
- Keeps the Jeep’s center of gravity lower than a comparable suspension
- Proudly Made in the USA
Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ Buying Guide
Benefits of Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Jeep Wrangler can be as little as one inch and if your Jeep Wrangler is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler can correct this in no time. Body Kits for Jeep Wrangler are easy to install and they can align your Jeep Wrangler on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Jeep Wrangler with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Jeep Wrangler.
- An equalizer for the Jeep Wrangler can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Jeep Wrangler will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Body Lift Kits
All Body Lift kits can have the same effect on your Jeep Wrangler – raising the front of the Jeep Wrangler and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Jeep Wrangler TJ?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Jeep Wrangler to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Jeep Wrangler.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Jeep Wrangler. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Jeep Wrangler are needed to reach all Jeep Wrangler suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- Lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Jeep Wrangler from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Jeep Wrangler at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Jeep Wrangler for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Jeep Wrangler as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Jeep Wrangler TJ.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Jeep Wrangler.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them into your Jeep Wrangler where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Jeep Wrangler are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Jeep Wrangler while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Jeep Wrangler.
Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Body Lift Kits for the Jeep Wrangler TJ?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Jeep Wrangler, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Body Lift Kits for my Jeep Wrangler TJ myself?
A. Most Body Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Body Lift Kits for the Jeep Wrangler include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wrangler TJ used for?
A. Body Lift Kits are needed to make your Jeep Wrangler look more level. Body Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Jeep Wrangler, and offer other great benefits.