Best Lift Kits for Lexus GX
Suspension Lift Kit for the Lexus GX. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Lexus GX by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Lexus GX increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows for more ground clearance. Articulation is improved with a good Suspension Lift Kit for the Lexus GX. Even if you don’t need to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of your Lexus GX will be much nicer.
Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2002 – 2009 Lexus GX470 and 2010 – 2017 Lexus GX460 (2WD 4WD). *Will not fit models with Electronic Ride Control
- CONTENTS: 2x Aircraft Billet Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2.5 inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that front spacer thickness to lift height is not a 1:1 ratio. Strut spacer installation alters the angle of the lower control arm, and this accounts for an additional lift beyond the actual thickness of the spacers.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Lexus GX can be as little as one inch and if your Lexus GX is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX are easy to install and they can align your Lexus GX on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Lexus GX with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Lexus GX.
- An equalizer for the Lexus GX can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Lexus GX will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Lexus GX – raising the front of the Lexus GX and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Lexus GX?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Lexus GX, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Lexus GX to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Lexus GX.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Lexus GX. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Lexus GX
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Lexus GX are needed to reach all Lexus GX suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Lexus GX and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Lexus GX from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Lexus GX
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Lexus GX at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Lexus GX for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Lexus GX as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Lexus GX.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Lexus GX.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Lexus GX where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Lexus GX are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Lexus GX while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Lexus GX.
Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Lexus GX?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Lexus GX, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Lexus GX myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Lexus GX include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Lexus GX used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Lexus GX look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Lexus GX and offer other great benefits.