Best Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner
The leveling kit ensures that the front end of the Toyota 4Runner is leveled so that it has been combined with the rear suspension, creating a truck of sorts. The Toyota 4Runner comes from the factory with a small rake that heads down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension compensates for this rake, making the front end of the Toyota 4Runner look more even.
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- COMPATIBLE WITH 1990 – 2002 Toyota 4Runner (4WD ONLY). Not compatible with models equipped with SR5 Suspension.
- CONTENTS: (2x) T6 Aircraft Aluminum Spring Spacers, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3-inch rear suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio; spring spacers use compound ratios to provide lift amount. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: After an easy 1 – 2 hour installation process*, you’re ready to feature your new and improved ride! *An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle. Compressing your springs can be VERY dangerous. Using a Spring Compressor Tool is a critical step in preventing the spring from causing injury or damage to your vehicle.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Designed to improve ground clearance
- Enhance the performance of the vehicle
- Allow use of large tires
- Made from high-density polyurethane
- Facilitate easy installation
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Lifts vehicle without sacrificing ride quality or load-carrying capacity
- Increase vehicle height/enhances performance
- No metal-on-metal contact as with other leveling kits
- Easy install
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- COMPATIBLE 2003 – 2021 Toyota 4Runner (2WD 4WD). Does NOT Fit 4Runner Limited Models.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Aircraft Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2-inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires. Improves axle alignment and eliminates vibrations in the driveline.
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Toyota 4Runner can be as little as one inch and if your Toyota 4Runner is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner are easy to install and they can align your Toyota 4Runner on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Toyota 4Runner with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Toyota 4Runner.
- An equalizer for the Toyota 4Runner can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Toyota 4Runner will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Toyota 4Runner – raising the front of the Toyota 4Runner and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Toyota 4Runner?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Toyota 4Runner to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Toyota 4Runner.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Toyota 4Runner. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Toyota 4Runner are needed to reach all Toyota 4Runner suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Toyota 4Runner from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Toyota 4Runner at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Toyota 4Runner for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Toyota 4Runner as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Toyota 4Runner.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Toyota 4Runner.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them into your Toyota 4Runner where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Toyota 4Runner are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Toyota 4Runner while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Toyota 4Runner.
Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Toyota 4Runner?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Toyota 4Runner, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Toyota 4Runner myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Toyota 4Runner include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Toyota 4Runner used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Toyota 4Runner look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Toyota 4Runner and offer other great benefits.