Best Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
Suspension Lift Kit for your Toyota 4Runner vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Toyota 4Runner by replacing the front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Toyota 4Runner increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows for more ground clearance. The articulation is improved overall with a good suspension kit for the Toyota 4Runner. Even if you don’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of your Toyota 4Runner will be much more attractive.
Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995
- FITMENT: 1990 – 1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (2WD 4WD). Will NOT Fit Non-SR5 Models.
- CONTENTS: 2x High-Crystalline Delrin Front Ball Joint Spacers, 2x Performance Polyurethane Spring Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3-inch front and 3-inch rear suspension lift. For 2WD models only. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation takes 2 – 4 hours. An alignment is always recommended after altering the height of your vehicle.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires.
Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Compatible with 2003~2019 Toyota 4Runner 4WD
- Allow for Installation of Plus Size Tired
- Billet Aluminum Forget Aerocraft 6061 T6
- Precision CNC Machined for Perfect fitment
- Performance Anodised Coating Proteges your kits from Even the Toughest Conditions
Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Toyota 4Runner can be as little as one inch and if your Toyota 4Runner is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner are easy to install and they can align your Toyota 4Runner on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Toyota 4Runner with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Toyota 4Runner.
- An equalizer for the Toyota 4Runner can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Toyota 4Runner will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Toyota 4Runner – raising the front of the Toyota 4Runner and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Toyota 4Runner?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Toyota 4Runner to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Toyota 4Runner.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Toyota 4Runner. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Toyota 4Runner are needed to reach all Toyota 4Runner suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Toyota 4Runner from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Toyota 4Runner at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Toyota 4Runner for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Toyota 4Runner as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Toyota 4Runner.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Toyota 4Runner.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Toyota 4Runner where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Toyota 4Runner are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Toyota 4Runner while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Toyota 4Runner.
Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Toyota 4Runner?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Toyota 4Runner, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Toyota 4Runner myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Toyota 4Runner include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Toyota 4Runner used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Toyota 4Runner look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Toyota 4Runner and offer other great benefits.