Best Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser
Suspension Lift Kit for your Toyota Land Cruiser vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit allows you to increase the ground clearance of your Toyota Land Cruiser by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Toyota Land Cruiser provides increased height between the frame and the ground. This allows for a significant increase in ground clearance. Overall articulation is improved with a good suspension kit for the Toyota Land Cruiser. That said, even if you don’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the Toyota Land Cruiser’s appearance is much more attractive.
Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995
- Provides 3-inches of lift without modifying existing suspension components
- Allows use of larger diameter tires and factory rims for improved ground clearance
- DOES NOT alter the OEM suspension geometry or factory stability control parameters
- Maintains the factory smooth ride
- Keeps the truck’s center of gravity lower than a comparable suspension lift
Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser Buying Guide
Benefits of Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Toyota Land Cruiser can be as little as one inch and if your Toyota Land Cruiser is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser can correct this in no time. Body Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser are easy to install and they can align your Toyota Land Cruiser on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Toyota Land Cruiser with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Toyota Land Cruiser.
- An equalizer for the Toyota Land Cruiser can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Toyota Land Cruiser will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Body Lift Kits
All Body Lift kits can have the same effect on your Toyota Land Cruiser – raising the front of the Toyota Land Cruiser and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Toyota Land Cruiser?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for the Toyota Land Cruiser, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Toyota Land Cruiser to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your GMC Jimmy.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Toyota Land Cruiser. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Toyota Land Cruiser are needed to reach all Toyota Land Cruiser suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- Lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Toyota Land Cruiser from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Toyota Land Cruiser at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Toyota Land Cruiser for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the GMC Yukon as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Toyota Land Cruiser where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Toyota Land Cruiser are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Toyota Land Cruiser while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Body Lift Kits for the Toyota Land Cruiser?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Toyota Land Cruiser, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Body Lift Kits for my Toyota Land Cruiser myself?
A. Most Body Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Body Lift Kits for the Toyota Land Cruiser include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Body Lift Kits for Toyota Land Cruiser used for?
A. Body Lift Kits are needed to make your Toyota Land Cruiser look more level. Body Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Toyota Land Cruiser and offer other great benefits.